Saturday, May 15, 2010

How To Wash a Cat by Rebecca M. Hale



Title: How To Wash A Cat, Book one of the Cats and Curios Series
Author: Rebecca M Hale
Where'd I get it: Irvin's Books
Published: January 2010
ISBN: 9780425232040
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Rating: @@@
Heat Index: N/A

Synopsis: When the heroine's Uncle passes away after a stroke, she inherits his antique shop in Jackson Square, San Francisco. He leaves her an envelope containing a tulip shape key. She and her cats, Rupert and Isabella, need to figure out a mystery dating back to the Gold Rush and which of their quirky new acquaintances are up to no good.

My thoughts: This was the strangest book I ever read. It was a page turner because I wanted to see what happened next, and I adored the cats. The prose was rather wordy and there were tons of adjectives adorning every sentence. And some that were just odd. Crunchy eyelashes? How are eyelashes crunchy? We never find out the heroine's name until the very last page, everyone she meets refers to her as Oscar's niece.

Oddly written but I'm willing to try book 2 before deciding if I would go further with this series.

No comments: